Executive Assistant to CEO
Date Posted: 2017-03-17
Please note: a degree educated, and have 2 years experience of a Board level EA, is preferred.
The purpose of this role is to provide organisational support and administrative help to enable the CEO to function in a highly effective manner.
The role operates in an exciting, demanding and ever-changing environment. Because there can be a reasonable amount of pressure it is important to always maintain a professional, calm and discrete manner.
Role / Responsibilities
- Managing both the professional and personal commitments for the CEO based at offices in Henley-upon-Thames.
- Diary management: day to day plus preparing CEO for all meetings with all relevant paperwork (hard copy) and time scheduled in between each commitment.
- Screen calls, post and emails; filter, prioritise, respond and follow-up
- Effective time management ensuring the CEO is on time to arrive and exit meetings.
- Strong word processing and PowerPoint skills – polish documents and reports, prepare slides to a high standard and ensuring they are in line with brand guidelines.
- Direct and make communications with internal and external customers
- Ensure all targets and deadlines set by CEO are met – monitoring and managing on his behalf as necessary (chasing Update reports, screening them, highlighting relevant points)
- Regularly liaise with Founders, Board and Investors – manage confidential Board papers and documentation.
- Daily filing and archiving (electronic and hard copy)
- Manage monthly expenses for CEO and submit to Finance.
- Manage all travel arrangements including international trips, making bookings, itineraries, budgets
- Travel management: flights; trains; parking; car hire; hotels; visa applications
- Supporting CEO working with landlord on issues relating to premises
- Supporting all HR and recruitment activities – scheduling appraisals and 1-2-1’s, arranging interviews, researching candidates, writing up interview notes etc
- Organising Social events for staff (liaising with EA for Founders)
- An awareness of CEO’s personal diary – balancing work and social commitments
- Meeting Co-ordination – anticipating and scheduling time to work in between
- Make reservations: restaurant; theatre, ballet & opera tickets; sports tickets
- Personal arrangements (returns, shopping, other)
- Scheduling external meetings and events (School governor etc)
There is scope for a switched on ambitious individual to take on and run projects independently whilst ensuring that all personal and professional duties are prioritised and dealt with.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with 2:1 pass.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an EA is required.
Competencies and personal attributes:
Honesty and integrity
Confidential, discrete, loyal, diplomatic, enthusiastic and self-confident
Thoughtful and caring
Good listener and mature in approach
Meticulous attention to detail and exemplary organisational skills
Able to communicate well, both orally and in writing, adapting to a wide range of people
High standard of written English and excellent grammar
Excellent numerical skills with the ability to analyse information and prepare reports
A hardworking and reliable attitude, able to work autonomously but collaboratively
Confident in project management
Able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines. Self-motivated and sets high standards and constantly prioritises
Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
Extensive IT skills, with experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. (min Excel intermediate)