Financial Administrative Assistant/PA to SJP Partner
Date Posted: 2017-04-28
Location: 10 mile radius of Cheam school (between Basingstoke and Newbury)
Salary: £30,000-35,000 (depending on experience)
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of a partner practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management, located within the Partner’s home, just south of Basingstoke.
Role / Responsibilities
We are looking for a Financial Administrative Assistant/PA to join St James’s Place Partner’s Practice based near Basingstoke, Hampshire.
There will be occasions where the role holder is responsible for budget spending e.g. brochure supply and setting-up client accounts ensuring the safe and secure transfer of any monies between clients and associate.
This is a small business and the role holder will report to the Director who is the Business Owner. The business is operated from the owner’s private home and the owner is often out on client business so the role holder must be able to work on their own initiative and make decisions in the absence of the business owner.
There will be many times when solitary working is required. The owner has pets and there are other animals present in the grounds of the property (chickens and ponies). It is a family home so other older children may be around at times as will a housekeeper.
- Checking and maintaining client financial information both physically and electronically via computer client database
- Responding to enquiries and managing client accounts and communications to a high standard of accuracy
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients maintaining complete confidentiality and in accordance with financial regulations
- Using financial skills to interpret and support Director in enabling accurate financial planning for clients
- Providing administrative support to Director with diary management, client meeting preparation and various general administrative duties
- Managing and improving business processes to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency
- Ensuring security of property at all times when Director is out on company business
Principle Requirements and Key Skills:
- Be literate in all computer systems that can be used on a MAC and PC
- Have a working knowledge of client financial databases
- Be fully proficient with MS Office products
- Understand Social Media and have the ability to submit website updates or updates to other Social Media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Organised; efficient; self-motivated;
- Excellence in Client Service with a natural manner when dealing with high net worth clients
- Highly Proficient with Word and excel (will be tested)
- Time Management, particularly how to help the Employer become more efficient with greater use of technologies available
- Paperless Office – knowledgeable about document storage. Create and maintain filing system
- Familiar with LinkedIn, particularly uploading content
- Utmost respect for office and client confidentiality
- Organised; efficient; self-motivated
- Careful work ethic with attention to detail– get it right the first time
- Asks questions; wants to know the background and objective of the work being done
- Works thoroughly; not a “box ticker”
- Sunny, positive, helpful disposition
- Pleasant and respectful manner
- Can do attitude
- Patient with the learning process and frustrating “central” processes
- Resourceful to get answers to questions
- Not easily flustered, especially when under time pressure
- Happily working alone or within a team
- Respectful of Rules and Regulations as this is a Regulated profession where all we do must meet compliance tests, and our offices will be audited regularly (!)
- Possibilities to grow within the practice as it grows, though career PA’s are equally valued.
- Could go the following routes:
- Office Manager
- Paraplanner (expertise in product knowledge and back office processes)
- Advisor, in which case could be put through St. James’s Place Group’s “Next Generation Academy”, pass the requirement national exams, earn the diploma and be qualified in your own right. This would enable you to become Client Facing and offer advice with our clients.