Part Time Administrative Assistant
Close Date: 14/01/2021
Type: 12 months fixed term contract
Location: UK Remote &/or London Farringdon
Salary: £15ph (£5760 PA)
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of a growing consultancy specialised in user experience design.. My client is looking for a confident, proactive and driven individual to join the growing team.
Role / Responsibilities
About the company:
My client owns and runs a small growing consultancy specialised in user experience design. Their clients count on them to provide design expertise, strategy and deliverables that make a positive impact on their business. They also organise, run and facilitate hackathon, design sprints and other design-centered meetings and workshops. They provide excellent services and take pride in impressing their clients with the quality and thoughtfulness of their work. The person taking this role will directly help free the Director’s time to bring in additional clients and revenue.
About the Role:
- Part-time 8hrs (1 day) per week
- This role can be adapted to fit the job-holder’s needs, for example 2 half days, or hours spread across the week, or some flexibility as to when the hours are worked.
- Either based at our London co-working base (located near Farringdon), or remote – some trips to London will be required.
- This role is not available outside of the UK and requires the right to live and work in the UK.
- Bookkeeping: recording all expenses, payments and ensuring the books are at all times up to date and correct. We use Quickbooks and will provide training if you haven’t got any experience with this specific software.
- Sending and tracking invoices and payments.
- Helping with contracts and presentations through proof-reading, styling (applying colours and logos) and keeping everything organised on our online drive.
- Basic marketing activities, such as updating the company website or LinkedIn profile
- Administrative work, and calendar management and travel arrangements for the Director
- Some scheduled trips to London to pick up post, or meet clients or the Director – we’d expect to meet at least once a quarter
Principle Requirements and Key Skills:
- Good computer skills on office applications (Mac or PC), for example you can show others how to successfully use a spreadsheet for simple calculations, or edit a slides deck.
- A methodical and meticulous approach to your work – you know at all times what you’re trying to achieve, and why you’ve chosen a certain method.
- Excellent command of the English language – you can proofread business documents.
- Numeracy, for example you can balance your checkbook, and you like it when numbers neatly line up. You can calculate a percentage or reverse calculate a gross price.
- An organised and rigorous approach to keeping documents in order at all times.
- People skills: You will on occasion be in contact with our clients and suppliers, and you should take pride in helping them as much as you help us, making them feel truly valued and understood.
- The confidence to make suggestions and take logical and rational initiatives instead of waiting for instructions
- The drive to follow precisely instructions when required to
- The determination to track items and pennies until all are accounted for.
- The patience and grit to deal with a very, very busy director who is both process driven and outcomes-orientated, and keeping on track and on focus while they’re all over the place.
- A taste for being part and contributing to a well organised company – we are not there yet but really need to improve our processes to avoid wasting opportunities
- A genuine curiosity and interest for what makes a back-office run well and support front office operations.